A 26″ True Torch JMC Tribute BMX bike is today’s Bike Of The Day. The red and white colorway look nice on this bike and it has some nice retro parts on it. Big shout out to Scott Doucette for submitting this awesome bike. Be sure to give a rating via the sliders below for the Bike Of The Month and 2021 Bike Of The Year charts.
I rode JMC’s back in the day: 1979 Standard Long and 1985 Shadow. I got back into riding last year at 49 years old with a 2020 OM Flyer which I traded rather quickly for a 2019 Redline SQB-26. Both of these are great bikes but I really wanted a large JMC and an original JMC 24” Cruiser is going for more than I wanted to spend on a bike. I was looking through BMXmuseum.com and discovered True Torch Welding in Santa Ana, CA. I drove down, met with Johnny and Craig and placed my order for a 26” JMC Tribute Frame Fork and Bars. A couple months later, I completed the build. I love it! It rides smooth and the geometry is perfect for me. I didn’t go super high end on the components but I didn’t go low end either.~Scott Doucette
- Frame/Fork: 26″ True Torch JMC Tribute
- Bars: True Torch JMC Tribute
- Stem and Stem Cap: Knight Bike Co. Ruf-Neck and Ruf-Nut
- Bottom Bracket: Profile Racing; American, 19mm
- Cranks: Double Pinch Redline Flight with JMC Racing Decal
- Sprocket: Neptune, Helm, 39T
- Pedals: Bassett Full Moon Pro
- Wheels: 26″ Sun Rhino Lyte
- Hubs: TNT Derringer Gen 1
- Freewheel: White Industries ENO, 17T
- Tires: Cheng Shin Snakebelly Gum Wall 26″ x 2.125″
- Chain: Regina, Nickel Plated 1/2″ x 3/32″
- Chain Tensioner: Customer Laser Engraved JMC
- Headset: Bombshell 1 1/8″ External Threadless
- Headset Spacer: Black Ops, Alloy Hex
- Brakes: Bombshell 686
- Brake Pads: Kool Stop BMX
- Brake Lever: Bombshell 687
- Brake Cable: Pork Chop BMX, Clear Red
- Saddle: Redline Sport with Classic Pleat Pattern
- Seat Post: Haro Fusion Micro-adjust, 22.2mm
- Seat Post Clamp: Pork Chop BMX, Pro Neck Style
- Grips: ODI Mushroom
- Grip Donuts: Flite EVH Pattern
About Johnny “True Torch”:
Johnny started welding at the age of 12 in a friends garage, Repairing bikes initially, then motorcycles, and eventually anything else he could find to weld. Thirty five years of racing bicycles and motorcycles prepared him for the knowledge needed to build parts for Team Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Ducati and Kawasaki. Additionally, many smaller teams continue to seek out his talented welding abilities.
Johnny is also well known in the bicycle world, having built bicycle frames for numerous bike companies.
If that’s not enough, for the past fifteen years Johnny Truetorch has designed, welded and installed railings and staircases, both commercially and residential throughout Orange County.
Rate This Bike:
Move the sliders below to rate this bike on a scale of 1-10. This rating goes toward the the new Bike Of The Month chart.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day.
1. COMMENT ON AT LEAST TWO ARTICLES ON SUGARCAYNE.COM
2. Send us some high quality photos (full and close up), a Full Parts List with a description about the inspiration for the build. You can also send sponsor shoutouts and any other details about your bike and involvement in the sport. CLICK HERE for more details on how you should send your photos
3. Email the photos, parts list, description and links to your website comments directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we like your submission, we’ll feature it. Any custom built BMX bike of any size and type are eligible. You can also submit dirt jumpers (Hard Tail Only)