Remember to give this bike a rating via the sliders below for the August Bike Of The Month chart!
With my local Sapwi Bike Park rebuilding jumps, I set off to find a new DJ hardtail. At 6’ tall, I was looking for a rainbow unicorn – a 23” actual length top tube. I wanted cruising comfort and enough foot room for full cross-ups. I stumbled upon France’s ICE BMX Pump Track frame.
The “Black Pearl” paintjob, 23” Hydroformed triple-butted top tube, 74* seat angle, 15.5” chain stays, flared out seat tube… it was love at first sight! Coming from a long history of BMX racing, I knew this was the MTB I wanted for next year’s Dual Slalom and Pump Tack races. I reached out through the Instagram and they put me in touch with Martin at icebmxusa.com. A few days later and the brown truck Santa dropped off one of the first Pump Track frames in the US.
The resulting build is a comfy yet flickable bike. An added bonus is the steep 74* seat angle – this lengthens the reach and allows for easier climbing when needed. It manuals easily, yet feels very balanced in the air, even over Sapwi’s humongous dirt jumps. But this frame is named the “Pump Track” for a very good reason – it builds up speed in a flash on Sapwi’s dirt track. It rails the hairpin berms, even on the narrow, slick Cult tires.~Alejandro Seri
- Ice BMX 26” Ice BMX Pump Track frame, Large, Pearl Gray with flat black graphics
- Fox 34 Performance FIT Fork, 27.5” size, 100mm travel, tapered steerer, 15mm Boost TA
- Ice BMX Spinner 56 sealed headset
- Carbon Fiber spacer
- Answer 50mm stem
- Answer Rove 50mm rise Protaper handlebar
- ODI AG-2 grips
- SRAM Guide RSC brake
- 160mm AVID Rotor
- Loaded X-Lite QR seat clamp
- 27.2 Wise Pivotal seatpost
- Supercross Pivotal seat
- 170mm Shimano SLX crankset, Shimano Deore Hollowtech 2 BSA 73mm BB.
- Shimano PD-GR500 flat pedals
- E-Thirteen 34T chainring, Shimano torque chainring bolts
- Chrome KMC K810 SL 3/32” BMX chain
- Reverse 17T single speed conversion cog
- Hadley rear hub, Hope Pro 4 Boost 110mm x 15mm TA front hub
- DT Stainless straight spokes & brass nipples
- Mavic EX823 26” UST Tubeless alloy rims
- Loaded Stepdown 12mm to 10MM alloy bolt on rear axle
- 26” x 2.1” Cult Vans Tires, gum with black wall.
- Unbranded alloy chain tensioners
Rate This Bike:
Move the sliders below to rate this bike on a scale of 1-10. This rating goes toward the the new Bike Of The Month chart.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day.
1. COMMENT ON AT LEAST TWO ARTICLES ON SUGARCAYNE.COM
2. Send us some high quality photos (full and close up), a Full Parts List with a description about the inspiration for the build. You can also send sponsor shoutouts and any other details about your bike and involvement in the sport. CLICK HERE for more details on how you should send your photos
3. Email the photos, parts list, description and links to your website comments directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we like your submission, we’ll feature it. Any custom built BMX bike of any size and type are eligible. You can also submit dirt jumpers (Hard Tail Only)