Today’s Bike Of The Day is a sick 2020 Skyway T/A 26″ sent in by Junior Sarmiento! This bike right here is a show stopper! Junior color combination looks so dope together. He even has a custom bike stand
Be sure to give this bike a rating via the sliders below for the August Bike Of The Month charts!
Here’s the @illest 2020 Skyway Retro 26” Cruiser. I coordinated/ordered all the parts to arrive by the time the TA26 frame-set was scheduled to arrive. The idea and inspiration behind the build was simple and keep the old school vibe and have a good main color to contrast the chrome. Then have a minimal 2nd color to accent and balance out the flow of the build. Definitely not overdo w/loud colors/decals. Using the traditional red and blue trim colors – I choose different brand names for my components that I really like and thought would flow well. I specifically chose Von Giese VG and Knight Bike Co pieces not only to support local SF Bay Area companies, but also because they both make dope pieces that I appreciate! Also, I used my long time buddy’s company logo called Fatlace & illest. Fatlace is the larger umbrella lifestyle brand/blog which mainly focuses around hobbies such as modifying cars & motorcycles, racing scene, photography, Fashion, sports and such. Under this umbrella is Illest which focuses on the 4 elements of hip-hop which I totally appreciated: Spoken Form: Rap, Written Form : Graffiti, Music Form : DJin’ and Dance Form : Bboyin’~Junior Sarmiento
I wanted to build my Skyway to look traditional but also a little bit different than the typical TA26’s that you see online w/typical skyway pads, flite cranks etc…..My biggest goal was I didn’t want my build to be a catalog bike that had only one specific brand for all my components. I dont build my cars/trucks that way either, Especially when it comes to my trunk system. My 64ss Impala has JL Audio subs but amps were Focal. Mids/highs were Hertz. I choose different components that I really like and thought it would flow well. Thanks@mrk.rcnl for the ideas & theme and helping build the illest ta26!~Junior Sarmiento
- 2020 Retro 26 frame/fork/cruiser bars
- Elf Mothership seat clamp
- Elf zip seat post
- Ame’ Unitron grips
- Flight Skyway donuts
- Custom Pad set and saddle by @fantazticbikes
- Technique Nipples
- Phil Wood Spokes
- TNT Anniversary Hubs
- Krylon valve stems
- @KnightBikeCo mini disc
- Knight Bike Co chainring 36T
- @Bullseyecyclebmx Box Cranks,headset,v-brakes & Euro outboard bottom bracket
- Technique Hooker calipers
- Technique Hooker lever
- Sun-Rims (Mitered Signature holes)
- AKT rim liner
- Phil Wood Spokes
- Bassett Pro Round Pedals
- Kool Stops Finned brake pads
- Jag-Wire brake cable
- White Industries Freewheel(16T)
- Kenda Snakebelly Street Tires
- Answer Chain ring blue bolts
- KMC chain
- Haro Retro number plate
- Custom bike stand.
Rate This Bike:
Move the sliders below to rate this bike on a scale of 1-10. This rating goes toward the the new Bike Of The Month chart.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day.
1. COMMENT ON AT LEAST TWO ARTICLES ON SUGARCAYNE.COM
2. Send us some high quality photos (full and close up), a Full Parts List with a description about the inspiration for the build. You can also send sponsor shoutouts and any other details about your bike and involvement in the sport. CLICK HERE for more details on how you should send your photos
3. Email the photos, parts list, description and links to your website comments directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we like your submission, we’ll feature it. Any custom built BMX bike of any size and type are eligible. You can also submit dirt jumpers (Hard Tail Only)