We got another Fate Products BMX bike featured in today’s Bike Of The Day. This time is an aluminum xxxl prototype submitted by Fate owner Matt Kocher! I’m digging the colorway, low profile frame and awesome parts on this build. Be sure to give this bike a rating via the sliders below for the February Bike Of The Month and 2021 Bike Of The Year charts.
This is a Fate Products rat rod AL xxxl prototype frame built with some of the best components out there. So with this build, basically started off with designing a high quality aluminum frame that had all the top of the line features, tapered head tube, adjustable dropouts that accept all axel sizes with built in chain tensioners, 6061 t4/t6 hydro formed and butted tubing. This bike is decked out with Components from Fate, Answer, Remix, Shadow, Maxxis, ODI and Avian.
This build was done at my bmx shop, Gear Head bmx, llc
I’d like to give a shout out to all the riders we support, Ronnie B. And the crew at Sparky’s Distro., Rich & TJ at Tangent, Answer bmx, Dale at Remix, Joey B, Shawn A., Matt S., the Tulsa crew and anyone else that has helped me or influenced me over the years. Thank you.
- Frame: Fate Products rat rod AL xxxl (prototype)
- Fork: Answer dagger, tapered, 3/8”
- Bars: Fate outlaw, 8.5” (prototype)
- Stem: Tangent split, 53mm
- Headset: Fate tapered, 1-1/8×1-1/2
- Headset spacers: Fate 1-1/8
- Grips: ODI motion lock-on
- Brake: Box 3 disc
- Cable: Answer
- Lever: Promax click, short
- Bottom bracket: Tangent outboard, 24mm
- Pedals: Avian pariah
- Chain: Shadow interlock v2 race, 3/32
- Chainring: Tangent halo, 44t
- Chainring Bolts: Box
- Seat: Tangent carve, pivotal
- Post: Tangent, 27.2, pivotal
- Clamp: Profile, 31.8
- Hubs: Remix, 32h, straight pull, ti hardware, al 1-pc driver, disc rear
- Rims: Remix carbon, 32h, 20×1.75
- Spokes: Remix, straight pull, cold forged
- Tires: Maxxis DTH, front 20×2.2, rear 20×1.75
- Tubes: Q-tubes
Rate This Bike:
Move the sliders below to rate this bike on a scale of 1-10. This rating goes toward the the new Bike Of The Month chart.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day.
1. COMMENT ON AT LEAST TWO ARTICLES ON SUGARCAYNE.COM
2. Send us some high quality photos (full and close up), a Full Parts List with a description about the inspiration for the build. You can also send sponsor shoutouts and any other details about your bike and involvement in the sport. CLICK HERE for more details on how you should send your photos
3. Email the photos, parts list, description and links to your website comments directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we like your submission, we’ll feature it. Any custom built BMX bike of any size and type are eligible. You can also submit dirt jumpers (Hard Tail Only)