Another one of those amazing Prophecy Scud EVO 3’s makes today’s Bike Of The Day! This bike is ridden by former W5 and 4times European Cup winner, 8 year old Boris Moravec! I’m loving the white and black colorway on his bike, it’s definitely a work of art. Be sure to give it a rating via the sliders below for the February Bike Of The Month and 2021 Bike Of The Year charts!
Prophecy became the major sponsor of our new project, BMXracingkids Instagram page’s racing team . Submitting to you is also our way to thank the manufacturers that support us. Besides Prophecy, there’s also a small French company Pulse bike-parts that hand builds some fantastic wheelsets and the World lightest Tubolito tubes.~Boris Moravec
So the frameset, wheels and tubes come from our sponsors, the rest of the parts were our own choice and I’ll add some explanations by each part.~Boris Moravec
- Frame: SCUD EVO3 DISC WHITE AND UD MATT CARBON- “Graf Edition” – EXP XL
- Fork: PROPHECY SCUD EVO3 CARBON FORK “4RK”
- Wheels set: Pulse® WCS Junior/Expert
- – rims made of Thorayca Graphene fibre with Prepreg technology
- – straight-pull hubs with 288 points of engagement and 20mm front axle
- – flat, carboned steel spokes
- – patented self-locking brass nipples
- Tubes: Tubolito (just 39 grams!)
- Tires: Box Hex lab 1 3/8 (chosen for their weight and the fact that they actually are only somewhere in the middle between 1/8 and 3/8 Tiogas that we used previously)
- Bottom bracket: Token Ninja threaded press-fit (a great solution that eliminates most of the typical press-fit issues)
- Cranks: Crupi Rhythm expert 160mm (chosen for their relatively narrow Q-factor, or in fact the narrowest one among all commonly available cranks of this size)
- Chainring: Rennen 5-bolt threaded, decimal – currently 44.2T, but some other options waiting in the drawer (the cranks, unfortunately, led us to abandon for a while our previous sponsor, RYO components that only make a 4-bolt version of their World best, work of art chainrings)
- Chain: KMC X9 SL – proven and lightweight
- Cog: Bombshell 18T
- Pedals: Spank OOZY (together with RideConcept shoes offer unbeatable grip and perfect reliability due to big bearings at the inner side of the pedal)
- Disc: Avian 120mm (best looking option in this size)
- Brake and Lever: Shimano Deore MT-6000 (again, lightweight and reliable)
- Stem: Chromag HiFi V2 31.8 – 40mm (we always used relatively short stems and longer frames and because there are almost no 1 1/8″ BMX stems available in such a short length, we opted for an MTB one)
- Bars: BOX One alloy 6.5″ (based on the previous choice, added incredible stiffness to the cockpit without excessive increase in weight)
- Grips: Spank Soon Grom (the only 100mm- kids’ flangeless we found available)
- Seat: BOX two Large – the only part that we’re actually not very happy with, but the originally chosen Tioga d-spyder evo carbon is currently unavailable in whole Europe…
Rate This Bike:
Move the sliders below to rate this bike on a scale of 1-10. This rating goes toward the the new Bike Of The Month chart.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day.
1. COMMENT ON AT LEAST TWO ARTICLES ON SUGARCAYNE.COM
2. Send us some high quality photos (full and close up), a Full Parts List with a description about the inspiration for the build. You can also send sponsor shoutouts and any other details about your bike and involvement in the sport. CLICK HERE for more details on how you should send your photos
3. Email the photos, parts list, description and links to your website comments directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we like your submission, we’ll feature it. Any custom built BMX bike of any size and type are eligible. You can also submit dirt jumpers (Hard Tail Only)