We’re starting March off right with this super clean 2012 Skyway TA 24 submitted by Stewart Britton! I love the white and blue color scheme on this build. It’s one of the nicest TA’s I’ve seen!! Give this bike a rating via the sliders below for the March Bike Of The Month and 2021 Bike Of The Year charts.
Inspiration for this build came from wanting to put together my first ever Skyway TA and owning an iconic BMX and something that I could never have dreamed of owning as a kid. Seeing it was only the Skyway factory team (only 12 made apparently) riders that ever had the 24s, owning one of these or even a 20, was something I could never have had or afforded as I kid back in the early 80s. So when this~Steward Britton
20092012 24 f&f popped up on eBay, I just had to have it. Having owned complete bikes before, his was the first bike that I’ve built from scratch. And I really wanted to go with what I felt suited the bike the best for my taste, hence the blue/white combo. I just wanted to keep things simple and stylish, whilst using the top brands in the BMXing world and I’m so pleased with the way it turned out.
- Skyway TA 24 f&f from 2012
- Skyway cruiser bars
- SE Racing 24 blue anodized double walled rims
- SE Racing high-flanged Mohawk hubs
- Profile Racing spider
- 44T chainring
- Cranks Haro Lineage Fusion
- Pedals Haro Fusion
- Stem Haro Lineage
- Kashimax Aero seat
- Dia-Compe MX2 breaks
- Skyway Tuff locking grips
- Dia-Compe MX 1500 seat clamp
- Sprint layback seat post
- N&T 16t freewheel
- Schwalbe Road Cruiser Tires 24 x 175
Rate This Bike:
Move the sliders below to rate this bike on a scale of 1-10. This rating goes toward the the new Bike Of The Month chart.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day.
1. COMMENT ON TWO ARTICLES ON SUGARCAYNE.COM
2. Send us some high quality photos (full and close up), a Full Parts List with a description about the inspiration for the build. You can send sponsor shoutouts and any other details about your bike and involvement in the sport. CLICK HERE for more details on how you should send your photos
3. Email the photos, parts list, description and links to your website comments directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we like your submission, we’ll feature it. Any custom built BMX bike of any size and type are eligible.