Another heavy hitter is featured for today’s Bike Of The Day! This time it’s a ICE F-118 Black Perl Pro XL sent in by Gil Sanchez. I love the how he used the blue parts to off set the black colorway and those Avian rims look sweet!! Be sure to give this bike a rating for the March Bike OF The Month and 2021 Bike Of The Year charts.
Just finished up this ICE build. I’ve been involved in BMX since late 70’s when it all started. I’ve always been fascinated with different frame designs and like to put together various racers to see what works and what doesn’t. It’s always fun to give others feedback to help them with builds and to watch what unfolds and what’s created. Every bike has a story behind the build. It’s a a journey from a persons idea and watching it come to life. If you do your own builds… you learn every bit about the build, ever little noise that doesn’t sound right, and every characteristic about it… it’s a relationship that makes a person a better rider in the track adventures.~Gil Sanchez
- Frame: ICE F-118 Black Pear Pro XL
- Forks: Avian Versus Pro 20 Matte
- Handlebars: Tangent Flatiron62 31.8mm black
- Grips: ODI lock-on high flange black/blue
- Stem: Tangent OS Split stem 57mm Blue
- Headset: ICE Spinner Black
- Cranks: Avian Cadence 177.5mm Black
- Pedals: Race Face Aeffect flats blue
- Pedals: HT Components X2 SX blue
- BB: Hawk Blue
- Sprocket: Tangent 42t blue
- Chain: SRAM
- Chain Tensioners: BOX
- Rims: Avian Venatic Carbon black
- Front Hub: ONYX Helix 36h blue
- Rear Hub: ONYX Pro Ultra ISO Disc 36h blue
- Brakes: HOPE V4 Hydraulic Brake blue
- Lever: HOPE Tech 3 blue
- Seat: Profile black/blue
- Seatpost: Avian blue
- Seatpost Clamp: Tangent Quick Release blue
- Tires: Maxxis Torch gumwall
Rate This Bike:
Move the sliders below to rate this bike on a scale of 1-10. This rating goes toward the the new Bike Of The Month chart.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day.
1. COMMENT ON TWO ARTICLES ON SUGARCAYNE.COM
2. Send us some high quality photos (full and close up), a Full Parts List with a description about the inspiration for the build. You can send sponsor shoutouts and any other details about your bike and involvement in the sport. CLICK HERE for more details on how you should send your photos
3. Email the photos, parts list, description and links to your website comments directly to email@example.com. If we like your submission, we’ll feature it. Any custom built BMX bike of any size and type are eligible.