Today’s Bike Of The Day is an exclusive look at the I Am Cook 243 BMX Cruiser! This awesome bike was submitted by the owner of I Am Cook, Tony Cook! I actually saw this one in person during the Ironman race at CJBMX and it looked sick!
Be sure to give this bike a rating via the sliders below for the May Bike Of The Month/Bike Of The Year charts.
A little back story about me. My name is Tony Cook and I got to grow up in my family’s race car shop Ben Cook Racing. I raced BMX as a teenager and built my first frame as a high school project. A few friends at the track wanted one so I made a handful more. Then I stopped racing to attend college and BMX took a backseat for quite a while. In 2018 I met a photographer named Michael Weintrob and he asked me about my bike. He said it was dope and I should quit my job and build bikes. So I did! I was charged up and went all in. The first frame I made was a DJ. I dubbed it the model 33 since I was 33 when I designed/built it and 33 was my family’s race car number. I went to my local track and started racing again and the buzz was real. Now I have a full line of race frame for class and cruiser. There’s also a DJ and park frame option. Business is growing by the day and the frames keep getting better and better.~Tony Cook/ I Am Cook
- Frame: I Am Cook model 243 custom edition (“Frame is serial #007 for that model, and who doesn’t like James Bond so some gold was a must.” ~Tony Cook)
- Fork: I Am Cook 20mm, tapered, steel
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 series
- Stem: Profile Acoustic
- Bars: S&M 29er race
- Grips: Renthal Kevlar lock-on
- Brake lever: Shimano XT
- Brake Hose: Shimano BH-90
- Brake caliper: Shimano XT flat mount
- Rims: Lyphe Co. Carbon
- Spokes: DT competition
- Front Hub: Onyx 20mm
- Rear Hub: Chris King SS
- Cog: Chris King
- Tires: Maxxis DTH 24×1.75
- Tube: Tubolito
- Crankset: Shimano DXR MX-71
- Chainring: Profile
- Chainring Bolts: FSA
- Chain: KMC X-1
- Pedals: TIME special 8
- Seatpost: Thomson
- Seat: SDG Bel-Air
Custom frame touches include:
*Permanent internal hydraulic line for rear brake.
*Flat mount caliper
*135mm rear spacing for SS MTB hub
*73mm BB width
*Integrated tapered headtube
*raw to gold fade
Rate This Bike:
Move the sliders below to rate this bike on a scale of 1-10. This rating goes toward the the new Bike Of The Month chart.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day.
1. COMMENT ON AT LEAST TWO ARTICLES ON SUGARCAYNE.COM
2. Send us some high quality photos (full and close up), a Full Parts List with a description about the inspiration for the build. You can also send sponsor shoutouts and any other details about your bike and involvement in the sport. CLICK HERE for more details on how you should send your photos
3. Email the photos, parts list, description and links to your website comments directly to email@example.com. If we like your submission, we’ll feature it. Any custom built BMX bike of any size and type are eligible. You can also submit dirt jumpers (Hard Tail Only)