We’re kicking off May right with this sick custom painted 2020 Mongoose Title Pro! This bike has red colorway with flames that start from the head tube. The flames continue and fade on the top and down tubes. The Box forks also have some custom flame art. Everything else on the bike is black with the exception of the pedals. Real nice build!
Last September my son finally said he wanted to try out BMX. So of course I went into research mode to see what the current state of BMX is. I raced from 1982 to 1984 (with a 1979 Mongoose Motomag, which I still have) and again in 1999 and a little dirt jumping in 2000. So needless to say I have been out of the game for a long time and was excited to get back into riding since I have still always loved BMX. My first google was “Mongoose BMX reviews” and of course I ended up watching Crazy Al’s review a bunch of times. I did not want to fully commit and spend a bunch of money up front for two beginners and with no surety my son would ride long term. I found two Mongoose Titles on Amazon and bought them right away. A Mongoose 2019 Title Junior for my son and a Mongoose 2020 Title Pro for myself. After 8 races last season it is clear we are both hooked. I have done a few upgrades on my son’s bike and replaced everything on my bike except the frame. I wanted a custom bike with upgraded parts. I already knew a really good air brusher who painted my air cleaner on my 1988 Cutlass Supreme so I decided to get my frame and fork airbrushed. This bike glows in the sunlight and is so light and smooth now. To say it is fast is an understatement (at least for me, ha, ha). I am very much looking forward to this racing season and sucking a little less each race. 49 Novice! Thanks to #Mongoosebikes for making an awesome frame. Thanks to #boxbmx and #tangentproducts for making such great parts. Thanks to #lecustombikes for the pad sets. Thanks to Eric #ericscycleworks for parts and service. And finally thanks to Kevin #kegs_airfx_airbrush for a killer paint job.~Pete Russell
- 2020 Mongoose Title Pro frame
- Box X2 Fork
- Box One Bars
- Box One Stem
- Box Two Headset
- Box Three Brakes
- Tangent Micro Flange Grips
- Tioga Spider Seat-Seat Post
- Box Quick Release Seat Clamp
- Box Three 175 Cranks
- Box BB
- Box Two 44 Chainwheel
- Tangent Pedals
- Sunringle Envy Rims
- Box Cassette Hubs 16 tooth
- Box Two Chain Tensioners
- Box Hex Lab Tires
- Box Number Plate with Potter Racing Insert
Rate This Bike:
Move the sliders below to rate this bike on a scale of 1-10. This rating goes toward the the new Bike Of The Month chart.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day.
1. COMMENT ON AT LEAST TWO ARTICLES ON SUGARCAYNE.COM
2. Send us some high quality photos (full and close up), a Full Parts List with a description about the inspiration for the build. You can also send sponsor shoutouts and any other details about your bike and involvement in the sport. CLICK HERE for more details on how you should send your photos
3. Email the photos, parts list, description and links to your website comments directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we like your submission, we’ll feature it. Any custom built BMX bike of any size and type are eligible. You can also submit dirt jumpers (Hard Tail Only)