Did you know GT Bicycles made a Rad The Movie inspired Pro Series 29″? Neither did I lol! Well it’s true! The legendary brand recently released a super limited run of the bikes which are based off the Cru Jones bike and racing uniform for the classic movie. For this build GT went with the Rad Red colorway on the frame and forks instead of chrome. That was the color of Cru’s race uniform when he won at Hell Track. The forks even have the letters of his name in the stars like his jersey.
The pad set is the same red with yellow straps like in the movie. Blue is used on the seat, grips and pedals but GT went with black Maxxis tires instead of blue tires like in the movie. The cranks and sprocket are also black. But as an added nod to the original bike GT chrome plated the seat post, rims and handlebars. A retro Dyno number plate with Cru’s RAD logo on it and it’s hard to see but there’s RAD branding on the seat too.
This bike will made a nice addition to an already extensive RAD collection!
- FRAME: GT Pro Series Design, 6061 Alloy, DT Gusset, MID BB, 135mm Hub Spacing, Disc Brake Mount, Integrated 1-1/8″ H/T w/ Removable Rotor Tabs
- FORK: GT Pro Design, 100% Cr-Mo 2pc. Steerer, Tapered Legs, 3/8″ Axle Dropouts
- CHAIN: KMC Z410
- CRANK: GT Power Series Cr-Mo 3pc., 170mm Arms, 19mm x 8T Cr-Mo Spindle, GT 33T Steel Chainwheel
- BOTTOM BRACKET: MID Sealed Bearing
- PEDALS: GT Low Profile FS Platform Design
- COG SET: 16T Freewheel
- RIMS: Alloy Double Wall, 36h
- TIRES: GT Smoothie 29 x 2.5″
- FRONT HUB: Alloy Body, Sealed Bearings 3/8″ Axle, 36h, 15mm Nut
- REAR HUB: Alloy Thread-on Disc Body, Sealed Bearings, Cr-Mo 3/8″ Slotted 14mm Axle, 36h, 17mm Nut
- SPOKES: Stainless Steel, 14g
- REAR BRAKE: Promax Mech Disc, 160mm Rotors
- BRAKE LEVERS: Alloy, 2 Finger
- HANDLEBAR: GT Pro Series Cheat Code 2pc. 100% Cr-Mo, 7.875″H x 31.5″W, 5°Up, 11° Back
- STEM: GT Front Load, 1-1/8″, Cold Forged Cap, 10mm Rise, 40mm
- GRIPS: GT Super Soft Flanged 155mm Single Compound w/ GT Removable Plug
- HEADSET: 1 1/8″ Integrated Design, 45X45 Degree Sealed Bearings
- SADDLE: GT Cheat Code Railed
- SEAT POST: Alloy Micro Adjust 27.2 x 300mm
- SPEC EXTRAS: Alloy Knurled Pegs, 3-Piece Pad Set, G-1 Chain Tensioners, Number Plate.
- TOP TUBE: 23.5″
- HEAD TUBE ANGLE: 71°
- SEAT TUBE ANGLE: 72°
- CHAINSTAY: 17.4″
- BB HEIGHT: 13.52″
Spotted on PlanetBMX.com
RATE THIS BIKE!
Give this bike a rating for the Battle Of The 29ner’s Chart
Be the first to leave a review.