A 2017 Thrill BMX Pro XXL is today’s Bike Of The Day!This custom painted BMX racing bike was sent in by Josh Fandrich and it looks pretty sick!
Give this bike a rating via sliders below
I just started racing BMX in June of 2022. I got hooked super fast. I was using loaner bikes to practice and race on until I found a used Hyper Mission 1.0 that was built out already to my specs. I raced on that for the year and was in love with it but I knew one day I wanted to personally build my own bike with the parts I wanted. Fast forward to Grands in November of 2022 and on the last day before mains I spotted a beautiful frame that I’ve never even heard of before on the for sale wall. I knew I wanted it immediately. $400 for the frame, Profile Elite chainring, and Box One M35 cranks. I knew it was a steal but I was still a bit skeptical about spending that type of money at the time. The guy who was selling it then informed me that the frame originally belonged to Jared Garcia, an American pro BMX rider who represented the USA in international competitions including the time trial event at the 2015 UCI BMX World Championships. And thus began my journey of powder coating the Thrill BMX frame to make it my own, sourcing all the parts, and building it myself (except for the wheels of course). It turned out beautiful and I feel an immense amount of pride knowing I’ll be riding the first ever bike that I built with my own two hands next season! And who knows, maybe one day I’ll be as fast as Jared “The Jet” Garcia.~Josh Fandrich
- Frame: 2017 Thrill BMX Pro XXL
- Forks: Stay Strong Race DVSN 20” Tapered
- Handlebars: Stay Strong Truck Larry Edgar Bars (1° Up Sweep, 12° Backsweep)
- Stem: Eleven 22.2mm Overbite Stem (53mm)
- Headset: Box One Carbon 1-⅛ – 1.5” Tapered Headset
- Grips: Box One Grips (ODI Lock-On)
- Brake Lever: Box One Genius Brake Lever
- Brake Calipers: Box One V-Brake
- Brake Cable: Box One Liner Brake Cable
- Hubs: Box One Quantum 36H 20mm Hubset (16t Driver)
- Rims: Box One 20×1.75” 36H Rims
- Spokes: Box One Pro Spoke Kit
- Tires: Tioga Powerblock (1.95” Front, 1.75” Rear)
- Axles: Excess Thru Bolt 20mm Front and Rear Axles
- Bottom Bracket: Box Two 35mm Bottom Bracket
- Cranks: Box One M35 Crankset
- Pedals: Crankbrothers Stamp 7 Small (Red Splatter)
- Chainring: Profile Elite Chainring (44t)
- Chain: Shadow Conspiracy Interlock V2
- Seat Post: Insight Pivotal Alloy Seat Post (27.2mm)
- Seat Clamp: Box One Quick Release Seat Clamp
- Seat: Supercross BMX Pro Pivotal Slim Racing Saddle
Rate This Bike:
!!!Every featured Bike Of The Day with a rating of 5 in each criteria. It’s gonna be a little harder to get a super high rating this year.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day. CLICK HERE for all the submission information