Be sure to give this bike a rating for the Bike Of The Month and Bike Of The Year charts via the sliders below
I have been building BMX race bike frame and forks for my son Paul from when he started racing when 11 years old to now he is 45 years old still at it . .. everyone was telling me to do a 29er ..we both don’t like the look … Old man’s bike we recon . anyhow i had a go ..we built a couple of mockup dummy one’s and cut and changed the geometry simply to the feel of Paul’s advice.. still don’t know any of the angles and geo Haven’t measured it … most of the part’s we had from other projects except for the wheels and cranks and pedels …
We tried this combination on the local track and were very impressed… working very good..~Donald Bray
- Novatec disc hub 36 spoke 135 mm wide and 50 mm chain line…
- i built the frame to fit the hub’s..
- Velocity rims ..
- Maxxis 2.00 BMX tyres …
- Redline 180 cranks..
- RockBros pedels..
- Profile B/B ..
- DRS 5.5 inch Bars ….
- Neco head set ..
- the rest was left overs .. don’t know what they are ..
- The frame weight is 6 3/4 pounds ..
- top tubes are Plymouth Promoly…….
- 1-1/4 X .035 thou Wall thickness from Michigan…
- Bottom tubes and seat tube are Reynolds .7 mm butted from a couple of old days frame sets ..
- Chain stays are Columbus Nivercrome …
- whole bike is a tad under 12 kg
Rate This Bike:
!!!Every featured Bike Of The Day with a rating of 5 in each criteria. It’s gonna be a little harder to get a super high rating this year.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day. CLICK HERE for all the submission information