Custom “Do The Right Thing” Big Ripper
To celebrate the 30th anniversary of the classic movie “Do The Right Thing”, Todd Lyons hooked up Spike Lee with a custom Big Ripper. It’s a sky blue Big Ripper with a yellow “Do The Right Thing” decal on the downtube. There are also pads and a number plate that are customized with images from the movie. Todd posted a pic of the film’s creator and director Spike Lee, sitting on the big BMX bike via social media a few hours ago and it already has the web buzzing. Will there be a limited run of this bike made available to the public? Stay tuned!
David Graf Designed ‘Prophecy Scud Evo 3’ IS SICK!
Swiss BMX Elite Pro, David Graf designed the new Prophecy Scud Evo 3 and it looks amazing! This bike is said to be the stiffest and fastest frame on the market! We’ll soon see when the frame drops this October!
There’s a great in depth article about Graf’s Scud Evo 3 on 15.ie and you should really check it out but below are some highlights:
- The bike will be available in two color options Chrome/black and Black/grey
- 100% new mold, inside. They use Expanded Polystyrene molding (EPS) and Polyurethane molding (PU). This system gives the internal surface of the frame a finish as smooth as the exterior
- XXXL has an ‘extra low bottom bracket’ when compared with the other sizes in the line-up but they are still low when compared to the Evo 2
- The frame is designed for the 1.6” Tioga rear tyre he prefers (although a 1.75” Maxxis will fit)
- The back end is long too, 15.9 inches to the centre and 14.9 inches at its shortest
- There are no V-Brake lugs anywhere, and internal cable routing all the way to the disc
- The 20mm axle (10mm with adapters) rear drop-outs will fit a standard 110mm hub
- Top tube is 565mm (22.24”)
- Full build in the photos weighs 15.22lbs ..DAYUM!!
- Sizes range from Expert XL up to Pro XXXL as well as a 24” version
- Integrated Seat Clamp.
- Integrated Chain Tensioner System
- Seat Post diameter 27.2mm
- Press Fit BB86 Bottom Bracket
- 1-1/8 to 1/5 Head Tube
- Rear Axel 20mm (includes 10mm adaptors). 110mm OLD
- Maximum Chainring size is 53T on ProXXXL to ProXL sizes. NICE!!
- Integration of Rear Disc Caliper on the Frame using Direct Mount for 120mm rotor
That’s a lotta goodies for one bike!!
Be sure to follow David Graf on Instagram
Also follow Prophecy on Instagram
California’s First Ever Concrete Pump Track
Concrete Skate Park builders, Spohn Ranch recently released a video of their newly built pump track. The spot is called Pacific Highlands Ranch Pump Track & Skatepark. Located in San Diego, CA. The locals are calling it the Del Mar Pump Track and if you know anything about BMX and skateboard history you would know Del Mar is an iconic location.
The pump track is approximately 10,000 square foot pump track with features for all skill levels. It’s broken into two sections, one section is for beginners and amateurs and the other section is for more advanced riders. But both sections can be ridden by riders of any skill level.
This is the first time Spohn Ranch built a concrete pump track and it’s the first ever concrete pump track built in California. The build was completed with the help and dirt shaping of Tom Ritz and Pump Trax USA. World class BMX racers, BMX Legends, MTB pros and riders of all types have been getting busy at this spot and posting up video clip and photos. But now we finally have an official video to share with ya’ll so you can get a good look at all its features.
Chris Powell is the featured rider in the clip and he shreds the pump track on his dirt jumper. This video makes us want to get out there are ride it. Time for a road trip!
Pacific Highlands Ranch (PHR) Pump Track & Skatepark is located at 5992 Village Center Loop Road San Diego, CA 92130 (intersection of Village Center Loop Road & Community Park Pointe)
Find out more about this pump track HERE
Help us keep the lights on by sending a donation.