A custom Black Crown Throne 5.0 is today’s Bike Of The Day! This one is ridden by Don “The Natureboy” Coble and I’m loving the Porsche inspired colorway on this build. This also marks the first time a Black Crown has been featured on Bike Of The Day! Be sure to give this bike a rating for the March Bike Of The Month and 2021 Bike Of The Year charts.
I’ve been in and around auto racing my entire life, and work at the Porsche Experience Center in Atlanta, so when district points finalized for 2020, and I landed the number 59, the idea for this build was immediate. I wanted to pay homage to the legendary race car that won Daytona in 1973. I contacted Ash at Black Crown BMX for a frame, and Donnie at Ink It Printing to help come up with a decal kit. They came through for me in a big way.
HUGE shoutout to:
Black Crown BMX
Ink It Printing
Porsche Experience Center Atlanta
Improper Media~Don “The Natureboy” Coble
- Black Crown Throne 5.0 22”tt
- Round2 carbon fork
- Onyx Pro 20mm helix front hub
- Onyx Pro disc rear hub
- Sun Ringle Envy hoops
- Tioga Fastr X BLK LBL
- Promax HF-2 cranks
- HT GT1 pedals
- Elevn stem
- Elevn SLT Flat handlebars
- Odi Soft X-longneck grips
- Crupi seat post
- Tioga D-Spyder Pivotal Saddle
- Rennen chainring
- Crupi half link chain
- Box three race caliper and disc
- Tektro Sabre brake lever
Rate This Bike:
Move the sliders below to rate this bike on a scale of 1-10. This rating goes toward the the new Bike Of The Month chart.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day.
1. COMMENT ON AT LEAST TWO ARTICLES ON SUGARCAYNE.COM
2. Send us some high quality photos (full and close up), a Full Parts List with a description about the inspiration for the build. You can also send sponsor shoutouts and any other details about your bike and involvement in the sport. CLICK HERE for more details on how you should send your photos
3. Email the photos, parts list, description and links to your website comments directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we like your submission, we’ll feature it. Any custom built BMX bike of any size and type are eligible. You can also submit dirt jumpers (Hard Tail Only)