Today’s Bike Of The Day is a custom 29″ Torcher sent in by Brian Compton! Sick build!
Be sure to give this bike a rating via the sliders below for the Bike Of The Month and Bike Of The Year charts!
This is my JTT TORCHER. I originally contacted Johnny because I wanted a 29 inch version of my childhood Torker Pro, it was my world for a good part of my childhood and then one summer night in all my youthful stupidity I got in trouble at the local St.Anthony’s carnival here in good ol’ Wilmington Delaware and subsequently left it up for grabs. I never forgot about how insanely awesome it was and now 30+ years later I have another much bigger one. I love this bike and I have to give a big shout out to Matt at Time2Shine for his help, from the headset upgrade to contacting Profile on my behalf and more, it would not have ended up the way I wanted it to without his help so thanks dude. When you look at this bike it’s clear it’s only intention is speed, and by speed I mean slow. The huge 24t Suntour freewheel will ensure you never go faster than “crawl” and that’s what I wanted, not to mention, I needed my bike to take off with as little effort as possible and this gearing has made that happen. It might not be for everyone but it rides with no effort and this slow and NOT so low cruiser is a true Cruz’r.
I want to acknowledge SUGARCAYNE and CrazyAl for all his work. Without the two of’em I would have never found JTT or have been so inspired or motivated to build this bike, I am truly grateful.~Brian Compton
– JTT TORCHER (Torker)
– HARO wheelset
– Profile 177.5 crankset
– Profile retro BB
– Profile spider no boss
– Cook Bros. Stainless headset
– S&M hemp seat
– GT seatpost
– ODI TroyLee grips
– Knight Ruf-Neck stem
– Insight aluminum series bars
– Cult Vans tires
– Porkchop aluminum washers
– Old Faithful Tektro V-brakes
– Primo mini rounds (goofy, yes) remind me of the old bebops
– TNT clamp
Rate This Bike:
Move the sliders below to rate this bike on a scale of 1-10. This rating goes toward the the new Bike Of The Month chart.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day.
1. COMMENT ON AT LEAST TWO ARTICLES ON SUGARCAYNE.COM
2. Send us some high quality photos (full and close up), a Full Parts List with a description about the inspiration for the build. You can also send sponsor shoutouts and any other details about your bike and involvement in the sport. CLICK HERE for more details on how you should send your photos
3. Email the photos, parts list, description and links to your website comments directly to email@example.com. If we like your submission, we’ll feature it. Any custom built BMX bike of any size and type are eligible. You can also submit dirt jumpers (Hard Tail Only)