After a long departure from the BMX racing world, Huffy steps its toes back in with the HX-Pro. It’s a super affordable entry level aluminum BMX racing bike. This is Huffy’s first attempt at making a BMX racing bike that’s actually worth checking out in ages. They used the widely popular black and sky blue colorway commonly seen on high end race bikes. The top tube has some hydroforming and it has an integrated headset. I couldn’t find any geometry information but geo looks pretty legit and I’m gonna assume that the bottom bracket is euro. From looking at the pictures I would guess the top tube is somewhere between 19.5″-20.5″. I couldn’t find any info on the finer details though. I think this is the direction that these department store BMX brands should go. If they’re gonna make cheap/affordable bikes, at least make them look legit
I wish I got my hands on this bike before it sold out Walmart.com, so I could test review. I’ll keep my eyes out if they make more available.
Here’s What We Know:
- Description: Huffy’s new BMX-style 20-inch Race Aluminum Bike
- Features: Sleek lightweight black aluminum frame with liquid blue graphics.
- Recommended Age: Ideal for ages 5 to adult.
- Ideal Rider Height: 44 inches to adult.
- Double-Wall Rims: Double-wall rims increase durability and strength.
- Seat: Padded ATB saddle has a premium BMX-style.
- Tires: 20” x 2.0” tires provide great grip.
- Handlebar: Hi-rise handlebar in black coordinates with the BMX-features.
- Brake: Rear alloy V-brake delivers great control.
- Grips: Comfortable Krayton grips.
- Kickstand: Removable Steel bolt-on kickstand.
- TT: 20.5”
- CS: 14.75”
- HT: 74°
- ST: 72°
- Bars: 8.5” x 28.3”
I can’t find this bike anywhere but on Walmart.com and a few other place. It’s not even listed on Huffy’s website.