Today’s Bike Of The Day is a one of a kind FMRBMX frame, designed by Adam Berkley in collaboration with Standard Byke Co. I’m digging the colorway and old school BMX inspiration of this frame. Be sure to give this bike a rating via the sliders below for the Bike Of The Month/year charts.
I wanted to share with you the bike I had built by Standard back in 2013. I still have this bike it hangs in my garage and I have no plans on ever getting rid of it. It started back in high school I was in a drafting class and my senior year I decided to design a frame since I was really into racing then. fast forward 15 years later, sitting at a race talking with Rick at Standard, i decided it was time to make the frame a reality. in the beginning I was planning on making a few frames and selling them. I was not able to do this and only one was ever made. It is 4130 OX Platinum Chromoly Tubing, 21.75″ top tube, intergraded headset, Euro bottom bracket and built in seat post clamp. The back end of the bike was inspired by bikes like the Thruster which I always thought was a cool design. The gusset behind the bottom bracket was hand cut, just wanted something that looked good but also braced the bottom bracket area. I used a similar bridge on the seat stays as a hutch. The bike rides awesome, I love the way steel frames ride and this was built to my specs so it feels great for me. I would like to eventually build a cruiser frame to match the 20. The paint on the frame was sprayed on by a good friend of mine and it is really similar to the Synergy Green that GM used on the 2013 Camaro.~Adam Berkley
- Custom Standard Frame
- Dkoi front fork,
- Answer Accelerator cranks
- Answer ceramic bottom bracket
- JW chainring
- Sun Ringle ZUZU pedals
- FSA headset
- Speedline stem
- Standard Strip barss
- ODI grips
- Shimano Deore brake
- Alienation pivotal seat
- crupi seat
- Answer holeshot hubs
- Bombshell SL rims
- DT spokes
- Maxis DTH tires
- Stickers made by a vinyl guy back in Illinois.
Rate This Bike:
Move the sliders below to rate this bike on a scale of 1-10. This rating goes toward the the new Bike Of The Month chart.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day.
1. COMMENT ON AT LEAST TWO ARTICLES ON SUGARCAYNE.COM
2. Send us some high quality photos (full and close up), a Full Parts List with a description about the inspiration for the build. You can also send sponsor shoutouts and any other details about your bike and involvement in the sport. CLICK HERE for more details on how you should send your photos
3. Email the photos, parts list, description and links to your website comments directly to email@example.com. If we like your submission, we’ll feature it. Any custom built BMX bike of any size and type are eligible. You can also submit dirt jumpers (Hard Tail Only)