I’m digging this custom painted Standard 125r sent in by Charles Stumpf! The colorway called Shocker Brass to Raw fade and it looks fresh! This is definitely Bike Of The Day status!! Be sure to give the bike a rating via the sliders below for the May Bike Of The Month chart.
My name is Charles Stumpf, I’m 26 years old. My dad got me into riding bike around the age of 3. Around 4 years old I was jumping off the curb breaking my training wheels off and taking corners so fast they’d break or I’d tip over lol. So around 5 or so my dad decided racing would be a good idea as he used to when he was a kid. I went on to race for years. Around 2002 my Dad and I were the first father Son team to win State titles together. As the years went on it became expensive and my interests were more in freestyle. I stopped racing in 2006. I quit riding bikes in general a few years later. 15 years later and Two full knee reconstructions later I decided to start racing again. I went to Toledo speedway, grab my other good friend name Chuck’s bike and ended up competing very well against expert racers my age and knew it was my time to come back. I built this bike the past year waiting on the custom frame and waiting on parts hard to find. I’m super excited to be back & also my Dad is back after 15 years also racing 50 & over. I think we might have to win states again just for a throw back!~Charles Stumpf
- Frame: Standard Byke’s 21.5TT. The color is Shocker Brass to Raw fade.
- 20mm drop outs with disc brake mount and internal cable routing with a welded badge on the front.
- Hubs: Front; Onyx Helix 20mm in Antifreeze Green w Matching Nipples
- Hubs: Rear; Onyx Ultra SS 20mm Disc
- Rims are Alienation Mischief Tubeless
- Forks: Elevn 7.0 LT Pro 20mm
- Stem: S&M Race XLT 55mm
- Handlebars: S&M Race XLT 8.25
- Tires: Tioga Faster black label folding 1.85
- Cranks: Shimano DXR 175mm
- Brakes: Paul’s Components Love Lever & Klamper Caliper
- Disc: SRAM Centerline 140mm
- Pedals: Avian Pariah Pro pedals
- Chainring: Elevn 45T FlowRing
- Chain: MCS Professional
- Seatpost: Avian Carbon Fiber
- Seat: Tioga D-Spyder
- Clamp: JW Bicycle Products
Rate This Bike:
Move the sliders below to rate this bike on a scale of 1-10. This rating goes toward the the new Bike Of The Month chart.
Be the first to leave a review.
SUBMIT YOUR BIKE!!
If you would like to get your bike featured as Bike Of The Day.
1. COMMENT ON AT LEAST TWO ARTICLES ON SUGARCAYNE.COM
2. Send us some high quality photos (full and close up), a Full Parts List with a description about the inspiration for the build. You can also send sponsor shoutouts and any other details about your bike and involvement in the sport. CLICK HERE for more details on how you should send your photos
3. Email the photos, parts list, description and links to your website comments directly to email@example.com. If we like your submission, we’ll feature it. Any custom built BMX bike of any size and type are eligible. You can also submit dirt jumpers (Hard Tail Only)