Haro Bikes pays homage to another BMX Legend, “Pistol” Pete Loncarevich, with a signature bike series!! The “Pistol” 29 inch BMX complete is part of Haro’s Legends series and it features a 6061 aluminum frame with sealed mid BB and internal threaded fork. Cr-Mo 4130 fork and bar, with Haro’s own 3-piece 8 spline tubular cranks. 36 spoke double wall rims with high flange alloy hubs and a lineage pivotal seat and pivotal post. Black is the color of choice but the vibrant colors on the decals really make the looks pop. There’s also a pad set with matching “Pistol” branding artwork. Be sure to give this bike at rating via the sliders below for the Battle Of The 29ner’s Chart
|FRAME||6061 Alloy Frame w/ Integrated HT & Mid BB shell|
|FORK||1 1/8″ Threadless Full Cr-Mo Fork w/ Internally Threaded Steerer Tube & Tapered Legs|
|CRANKS||3-pc Cr-Mo 8 Spline 175mm|
|BOTTOM BRACKET||Sealed MID BB|
|SPROCKET||39T Alloy Haro Team Disc|
|PEDALS||Haro 78 Plastic w/ Cr-Mo Axle, 9/16|
|TIRES||Kenda “Kranium” 29 x 2.2″|
|FRONT HUB||High Flange Alloy Shell 36h, Sealed Bearing|
|REAR HUB||High Flange Alloy Shell 36h, Sealed Bearing|
|RIMS||29″ Alloy 36h, Double Wall|
|BRAKE||Promax TX-117 Alloy V-Brake|
|BRAKE LEVER||Promax XL-378 Two Finger|
|GRIPS||Haro Team Grips|
|HANDLEBAR||Full Cr-Mo Freestyler 7″ Rise|
|STEM||Forged Alloy Top-Load, 50mm Ext.|
|HEADSET||Sealed Integrated, 1 1/8″|
|SEAT||Haro Padded Pivotal|
|SEAT POST||Alloy Pivotal, 27.2mm|
|SEAT POST CLAMP||Alloy, 31.8mm|
Peter Loncarevich is a legendary professional BMX racer whose prime competitive years were from 1980 to 1994.
Nickname: “Pistol Pete” Loncarevich. He received the moniker the way many racers did with the announcer choosing one for him. In 1984 at an American Bicycle Association national, Merl Mennenga, the founder and then President of the ABA, who often also announced “play by play” for the audience at ABA nationals called him “The Pistol” for his penchant in getting the “holeshot” out of the starting gate like a bullet out of a gun. It was also a simultaneous allusion to Loncarevich’s similar-sounding name to former professional National Basketball Association (NBA) Guard Pete Maravich who had the moniker of “Pistol Pete”.~Wikipedia
National Bicycle League (NBL)
- 1985 “A” Pro Grandnational Champion
- 1986 “A” Pro and Pro Award Grandnational Champion
- 1986, 1987 National No. 1 Pro
- 1982 “A” Pro 2nd Place Jag World Champion (ABA sanctioned)
- 1983 “AA” Pro U.S. Gold Cup Champion.
- 1984 “AA” Pro U.S. Gold Cup Champion.
- 1984 National No. 1 Pro.
- 1986 Honda Supercup Champion. Prize: Honda Reflex Motorcycle.
- 1986 “AA” Pro Grandnational Champion
- 1986 National No. 1 Pro. Prize: 1986 GMC Chevrolet S-15 4X4 truck.
- 1988 Pro U.S. Gold Cup East Champion.
- 1989 Pro Cruiser Grandnational Chimpion
- 1991 Pro U.S. Gold Cup West Champion.
- 1991 “AA” Pro Grandnational Champion
- 1991 National No. 1 Pro. Loncarevich won a 1991 Isuzu mini pick-up truck.
- 1992 “King of Los Angeles”* (KOLA) series (ABA sanctioned).
- 1992 Pro Supercup Champion. He won a US$5,000 trip for two to Tahiti.
- 1992 “AA” Pro Grandnational Champion
- 1992 National No. 1 Pro. He won a red 1992 Izusu pickup truck.
- 1995 Veteran Pro Grandnational Champion
Rate This Bike:
Be the first to leave a review.