I love the concept of the SE Bikes Fast Ripper! It’s basically a 29 inch BMX bike with 10 speeds, what more can you ask for. comfort, maneuverability, strength and it’s just as at home on road as it is off road. Everything that some of the other off road bike brands are trying to accomplish, SE perfected with the Fast Ripper.
I find that the biggest problem with “Cyclist” and Cycling brands is they try so hard to separate themselves from BMX while still trying to be BMX. It just laughable. But That’s a another story. Long story short, If I wanted to do some long distance riding but wanted to have some real fun along the way, a bike like the Fast Ripper is what I would choose. I can hit the trails, skatepark, off road paths, BMX Track and do a century all on the same bike!!
The Fast Ripper sums up our legendary motto of “BMX Innovations.” We took the Big Ripper and cranked it to ten with the addition of a SRAM GX 1×10 drivetrain and a Shimano Deore 10-speed cassette. New this year, the Tektro Auriga hydraulic disc brakes, water bottle mounts and alloy 2-piece cranks really put this bike over the top. Add in the Freedom ThickSlick tires and it’s clear that that your friends won’t be able to catch up.~SE Bikes
- 6061 aluminum floval tubing frame with integrated head tube, looptail rear end, fixed dropouts, internal cable routing and removable derailleur hanger
- Full Cr-Mo Landing Gear forks
- SE Racing forged alloy 2-piece cranks with 24mm hollow alloy spindle, external sealed bearing bottom bracket and alloy chainring
- SRAM GX 1×10 short-cage derailleur
- SRAM GX 1×10 Trigger shifter with exact actuation
- Sealed-bearing alloy hubs with deep-dish, double-wall rims and Shimano 11-32T 10-speed cassette
- Freedom ThickSlick Comp 29” x 2.10” tires
- Tektro Auriga hydraulic disc brakes with easy to adjust open system, dual piston, 160mm rotors
- SE Lightning Flyer seat with bottle opener
- 31 pounds
Rate This Bike
Give this bike a rating to see where it ranks on the Battle Of The 29ner’s Chart
Be the first to leave a review.