For thhe last four years Mongoose has been getting back to its BMX roots! They’ve been making amazing high end racing and freestyle bikes, sponsoring major BMX events and putting together top knotch pro and amature teams.
Now the Goose is expanding to the Bike Life scene with the Hooligan 29″ BMX bike! The Bike Life scene is huge and only looks to get bigger so it’s only right that one of the pioneering BMX brands embrace this new rennasance BMX lifestyle.
The Hooligan comes in three different styles; a entry level one made of Hi-Ten, a more advanced one in Aluminum and a Fat Bike version. This one in this article is the Entry level one
- Big 29″ wheels for modern BMX comfort and geometry with vintage pad set and graphics for an old school look and feel. Suggested rider height 5’4″ – 6’2″
- Durable hi-ten steel frame (23.7″ top tube length) with threadless steel fork are ready to hit the streets
- Single-speed drivetrain with tubular chromoly three-piece crank offers performance while keeping things simple
- Durable, lightweight aluminum rims with rear mechanical disc brake for all-weather stopping power and speed control
- Two color options; Blue or Black
- PRICE: $529.99
The blue one looks cool but I’m really digging the look of the black one.
For more details visit Mongoose.com
Give This Bike A Rating:
Rate this bike and see where it shows up on the Battle Of The 29ners Chart
Be the first to leave a review.
SE Bikes has had a lock on the bike life scene to the point that it’s becoming a bit elitist. No knock on SE, but the lack of competition pretty much fed into that situation.
Mongoose is not failing to impress! Maybe now they can finally shed the bad rep they garnered from the Walmart bikes they have been putting their name on. I love seeing this Mongoose renaissance!!!
Update: I went to the Mongoose site and they are already sold out of the Aluminum version!
I don’t think the Aluminum is available yet.